Thursday, September 8, 2011

School Days

It's been a while since I have blogged, I'm new to this blogging stuff and I really didn't know where to go with this.  So on with the adventure...

Since school started in Michigan the day after Labor Day, (state law) I have had "school" on the brain this week.  (I am a retired 4th grade teacher, after all.)  Your mind immediately goes to opening day with freshly sharpened pencils, new crayons and those fresh, slightly nervous faces.

A new school year always held an anticipation for me, too.  I couldn't wait to share exciting information about Michigan with my fourth graders.  I always started the first Michigan Studies lesson of the year by telling them that by the time they finished the year, they would know more about Michigan than their parents ever did!  That always captured their attention: to know more than their parents did about anything.  Their parents didn't have Michigan Studies when they went to school.

I hope I can capture your attention and make you want to learn more about the "sweet life" in Michigan!  Stay tuned for tomorrow's post.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I can smell the freshly sharpened pencils and new crayons! So many memories....

    ReplyDelete