Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Today, I have a great dinner idea that is not only easy, but also cheap!  Today was one of those days when everyone in my family had to eat at different times.  Even though it was a rather warm day, it was a slow cooker day.  I often do this during the summer because I don't want to heat the house up, and pork loin roasts were buy one, get one free this week...slow cooker it is!

I braised the roast on all sides in some olive oil in a large skillet with salt, pepper and onion powder.
In the slow cooker I put a liner, 2 garlic cloves, half of a softball-sized onion, one peeled and sliced red pear, and 6 new carrots (peeled).  Next, put the braised roast in the slow cooker and cover with 1 1/2 cups of apple juice.  Deglaze the pan with apple juice and pour into the cooker.  Cover the cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.

Pull the pork roast apart with two forks and serve with the vegetables.  If you would like to pour some juice over the meat, it tastes great, but you could thicken the juice and make a gravy.

It was yummy and there are leftovers!

Life is Sweet in Michigan!


No comments:

Post a Comment