Saturday, May 19, 2012

Here's a recipe that I tore out of Family Circle in August 2010.  I adapted it for my own taste and it's a quick meal for a hot summer day.  But my warning is that you need to REALLY salt your pasta water and it makes much more than 6 servings...more like 8-10!  I hope you try it and enjoy it!

Caprese Pasta
Makes 6 servings  Prep 10 mins.  Cook 9 mins.

1 lb. cavatappi pasta (I used what I had in the pantry)
2 large tomatoes, cored, seeded, and chopped
1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 c. pitted black olives, chopped (we used closer to 1/2 c.)
2 Tbs. capers
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
1/2 lb. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
1 c. fresh basil, torn
2 c. cooked, cubed chicken (optional)

Directions:
1) Cook pasta following package directions, about 9 minutes, drain
2) If using chicken, grill or pan sear
3) In a large bowl, stir together the tomatoes, olive oil, olives, capers and balsamic vinegar.
    Add pasta and chicken to the bowl and stir to combine.  Fold in mozzarella and basil.

Serve warm or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment